CodeCanyon Wordpress Media 162186
Plugin \ Media
Player \ Settings \ Plugin \ Default \ Browser \ Playlist \ Support \ Template
Plugin - Wordpress Media 162186 by j_endler @ CodeCanyon
Plugin \ Media
This plugin is no longer maintained and will be removed shortly. The latest version will be hosted on Github. To keep informed on this change, subscribe to the feed below. Thanks.
- Playlist and single player
- Audio and video
- Adjust colors and style via a settings panel
- Supports multiple players per page
- Default display template included
- Override default display with custom templates
- Auto play
- File preload
WordPress Media 1.3.4 allows the addition of an HTML 5 audio and/or video player to your theme. It requires PHP 5.2 or higher . The player is an instance of the popular and stable jPlayer by Happyworm and can be inserted into posts via a shortcode, sidebar areas via a widget, or anywhere in your theme via a template tag. Multiple instances of the player on one page is supported.
If the visitor’s browser does not support HTML 5 audio and video, the player falls back on flash, so the browser compatibility is strong.
The player supports the following types of audio and video files.
HTML5 and Flash: mp3 , m4a (AAC), m4v (H.264)
Optional counterpart formats to increase HTML5 x-browser support.
ogv , oga , wav , webm
This player will play any local or external media file of the above types when provided with a valid URL. The plugin provides a system for uploading your own media files, but remember that the default upload file size limit on WordPress installations is 3mb, so using FTP to upload your files may be necessary.
The PSD source file for the controls images is included, so you can alter the color scheme of the buttons and by installing your own controls image in the plugin, your new design becomes available in the settings panel. No coding needed.
To uninstall without deleting your style settings, like when you want to update the plugin, delete the plugin via FTP instead of WordPress’ built-in delete feature. Using the default delete with erase the style options from the database.
There are features I would like to add one at a time to this plugin. Feel free to comment on which one you would like to see first: expand player to new browser window, default poster image option for video, and a play counter
Check out the live preview and look at the FAQs for instructions on use and answers to questions.
== Changelog ==
= 1.1 =
* CodeCanyon release
= 1.1.1 =
* player now shows hour time slot for duration in files over one hour long
= 1.2 =
* media file urls are now encrypted in page source
* settings panel added for style customization of player
= 1.3 =
* support for playlists added
* stronger css for templates customized via the settings panel
* issue with hide/show of settings panel color picker in Chrome fixed
* letter spacing preview in settings panel fixed
= 1.3.1 =
* playlists are now continuous play
* playlists are now able to preload first file
* fixes bug in widget admin where playlist item entries were not able to be deleted
= 1.3.2 =
= 1.3.3 =
* Fixes bug introduced by WP 3.5 that prevents the WP Media media button from rendering in post edit
= 1.3.4 =
* Fixes bug introduced by 1.3.3 that throws an error on the options display
Keywords: audio player, blue monday skin, continuous play, custom styling, customizable, flash audio, flash video, html 5 audio, html 5 video, jplayer, media upload, playlist, shortcode generator, template tag, video player.